Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dance-A-Day


I started making new dance everyday for about two weeks now and it is going very well. I decided to make two dance a day blogs because I had so much material. danceaday and boriswillismoves It has become a ritual for me to take my camera out everyday and tape myself dancing. It is amazingly rewarding to make art and to make it available for the world. My friends also make dances and contribute to the site. Mostly I have been improvising my movement but sometimes like the video I made yesterday, I thought of a concept and made it happen. Today's video on danceaday uses some stop motion and I continue with the double solo idea. Because the movement is improvised there are times when I don't like what I do or the energy drops so I cut it out and make a transition. I try to keep the videos under two minutes and vary the dances to get out of my movement habits.

1 comment:

Smelens said...

I think you have an awesome idea right there....making up a new dance move every day. I like to do it just for fun, too, but maybe I should start recording 'em because I always forget afterwards what I just did....lol.